ATOVI & PALAY
Production costs in rice production began to rise in 1990’s and rice farmers are facing declining profits. Lower yield due to many diseases and insect pests, and the effect of calamities are the primary reasons for the reversal in profitability. Commercial fertilizer, pesticides and fungicides, herbicide, labor cost and water - are driving up input prices.
There are some efforts in the world to raise productivity through modifications of the rice varieties, modern machineries, and introducing new formulations to fight diseases and insects, but did not give permanent solution to these problems.
Now that Philippine Atovi Technology came into picture, farmers now experience worry-free organic rice farming. From seeds to harvested rice grain, the technology gives protection against diseases and possible damages due to extreme weather and insect-pests. All throughout the planting season, the technology will provide sufficient vigor to the whole plant, firm cellular structure and thick cell wall of grain for improved quality milled rice, higher post-harvest yield, and superior eating quality as organic produce.
With this breakthroughs in agriculture, even low yielding varieties will come out high-yielding, while the genetically modified rice will be transformed back to its normal genetic code, genetic potential and genetic structure, removing all added amount of genetic materials from other organisms to make it safe for human consumption.
How to use the technology in Rice planting:
- For 2 days, submerge or soak the good seeds in water with Atovi. Mix thoroughly to make sure that all the seeds will absorb the technology. Dilution: a.) 2 tbsp. Atovi : 4-5 liters of Water, or b.) 1-2 kgs. Atovi : 1 Drum of Water.
- After 2 days, the seeds are now ready to be transferred to the nursery. Remember: the remaining water (with Atovi) where the seeds have been soaked may be used to water the nursery, or the rice field.
- During the land preparation, spray Atovi in the field after the application of animal manure as basal fertilizer. This is to hasten the decomposition of the organic materials in the soil. Dilution: 1-2 kgs. Atovi : 1 Drum of Water, or 5 tbsp Atovi : 16 liters of Water.
- After transplanting, spray Atovi in the ricefield weekly for 1 month.
- The important growth stage timeline when Atovi application is critically needed:
- At early growth stage (10-14 DAT)
- During active tillering (23-33 DAT)
- During panicle initiation (33-44 DAT)
- During the milking stage.
- In case of severe climate like strong typhoon and floods, that the plants were severely damaged, submerged and nearly die, apply NPK and micronutrients in the afternoon. On the next day, spray Atovi twice a day (early morning and late afternoon) for 1 week for them to recover.